Under general direction from a Senior IT Support Specialist, the IT Support Specialist provides client support for technical inquiries received via the telephone and/or email. Assesses nature of problem and resolves simple and basic support issues over the phone, utilizing ITelagen’s Remote IT software technologies. For more complex issues, seeks the assistance of the Senior Techie. This position requires knowledge of computer diagnostic and repair techniques, and network administration tools in order to provide overall support of new and existing IT systems to all clients.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers technical support calls from clients.
- Researches current technical trends.
- Conducts troubleshooting of IT environments including OS, networks, applications and hardware.
- Performs the installation and configuration IT hardware, software, and peripheral components.
- Travels to client locations to perform onsite support.
- Attends certification/training classes commissioned by ITelagen
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be personable, communicate well, display patience and the ability to provide training and assistance to computer users on technology.
- Experience of Computer Software (e.g., network administration tools; imaging software);
- Experience of Computer Hardware (e.g., IT systems; network cards; servers; LAN diagnostic equipment);
- Experience of Computer and Server Operating Systems (e.g., Windows, DOS; Macintosh);
- Understanding of Networking Technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, Cisco and Fortigate)
- Ability to interpret technical material in books, journals, or manuals; troubleshooting computer system problems;
- Willingness to learn on the job with the desire to be promoted to Senior Techie
- Self-Starter and operates under moderate to little supervision.
- Requires a 4 year technical degree (BS/BA) in Information Science, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent degree; or equivalent experience in lieu of degree.
- Requires 2+ years of experience in systems (hardware and software) support.
- All applicants will be required to complete the ITelagen entrance exam during interview.